YOU ARE INVITED!!! GLOBAL ACTION PROJECT WEEK
What is GAP? Global Action Project (GAP) week is a time to present work that you are proud of. It is also a time to develop presentation skills. Students will also see what other grades are learning.
Upon arrival, families will receive a presentation schedule and room directory. Families are welcomed to visit during the timeframe their child’s grade is presenting.
11th Grade– December 12th: 11:30-12:15pm & 1:00-1:45pm
10th Grade- December 11th: 11:30-12:15pm & 1:00-1:45pm
9th Grade- December 12th: 12:15-1:45pm
Middle School GAP Schedule
8th Grade- December 13th: 10:00-11:30 am
7th Grade- December 14th: 10:00-11:30 am
6th Grade- December 15th: 9:00-10:30 am
What do I need to prepare?
- Select a summative to present.
- Practice speaking for 5-7 full minutes about your work.
- Print anything you need in advance.
- Prepare visuals to showcase your work.
What can I expect on GAP days?
- I’ll have different schedules than usual.
- I’ll spend three periods presenting and listening to presentations.
- I’ll meet students from other grades.
- I’ll learn about subjects that are new to me.
- I’ll see what kinds of work I will be doing in future.
What’s expected of me on GAP days?
- Be prepared to present your summative. Have it printed out before you come in.
- Be an active listener for others’ presentations.
- Ask and answer questions about projects.
- Give feedback on peers’ strengths and how they can improve their presentations.
- Be respectful of others and their work.